I utilize a strengths-based approach to help clients gain clarity and progress toward their desired future as professionals and leaders.
Virtual Only Services
• Career Coaching
• Executive Coaching
• Leadership Development Coaching
• 360Reach Assessment
• The Korn Ferry 360 Assessment
• The Leadership Circle Profile Assessment
• The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
• The Strong Interest Inventory
I am a leadership and career coach supporting individuals in enhancing their leadership skills and achieving their career ambitions. My clients want to create positive change and are open to taking risks in the space just past comfortable. I have a reputation for quickly building trust and posing the powerful questions that shift perspective and expand possibilities. I believe that authenticity and inclusivity are the core values that will set the next generation of leaders apart, fostering greater workplace satisfaction and organizational commitment.
Prior to discovering my passion for coaching, I spent more than 10 years as a human capital consultant, where I created and delivered solutions for public sector clients in the areas of leadership development, organizational change, training, competency management, and talent management. My early consulting career taught me valuable communication skills—such as mastering the art of active listening—vital to impactful coaching.
I hold a Master of Arts in Organizational Management from The George Washington University and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Economics from Clark University. I am 10+-year member of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and uphold its Code of Ethics. When I am not coaching, I am chasing around my two energetic children and creating family adventures in and around Northern Virginia.
◦ Individual coaching services include executive/leadership coaching, career coaching, entrepreneur coaching (for small business owners), assessment administration and debriefing (360-degree assessments and brand surveys, personality- and strengths-based assessments), personal brand strategy development, and resume critique. Sessions are conducted virtually.
◦ Group coaching services include small group coaching (up to 8 individuals) for three categories: job seekers, career changers, and entrepreneurs. Each session follows the coach’s group-specific coaching plan/agenda for the first eight 60-minute sessions focused on awareness and action. Should the group wish to continue past the eighth session, the agenda will be co-created based on participant feedback and interests. Sessions are conducted virtually.
◦ Team coaching services include small team coaching (up to 8 individuals) for professionals on the same project or administrative team. Team coaching engagements require planning time with the coach(es) and the team leader(s) to determine length of the engagement and to co-create agendas for each 60-minute session. These engagements range from five hours to eight plus hours of coaching and sessions are conducted virtually or in person.
What is my typical process for working with a new client?
Your coaching journey begins with a free consultation in which I will learn about your goal(s), discuss the coaching process, and answer your questions. If we decide that this coaching relationship is the right fit, you will schedule your first coaching session.
At the beginning, or any point in the coaching process, you may opt to take a career inventory, character strengths survey, or personality assessment. We will leverage the results to assist you in increasing awareness, exploring blind spots, and/or taking action. Throughout the journey, you will continue to move forward authentically as you identify and circumvent roadblocks standing between you and your goal(s).
Each client’s journey through coaching is unique, though common topics include career choice/change, personal branding, conflict resolution, self-awareness, managing up/down/across, navigating a virtual work environment, emotional intelligence, influencing others, leading authentically, building high-performing teams, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
What credentials do I have for my specialty/specialties?
I earned my graduate-level Certificate in Leadership Coaching from The George Washington University, Certified Personal Brand Strategist (CPBS) credential from Career Thought Leaders, and Academy Certified Resume Writer (ACRW) credential from the Resume Writing Academy.
I am qualified to administer a variety of 360-degree leadership assessments, personal brand surveys and career inventories, including (but not limited to) The Leadership Circle Profile, the Korn Ferry 360, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), 360Reach, and the Strong Interest Inventory.
What types of clients have I worked with?
I support college students, entry-level and mid-career professionals, managers, and senior executives in the federal government, private industry, academia, and nonprofit arena.
“Lisa has proven time and again that she is dedicated, cares very much about the client experience and is always willing to go the extra mile. It’s a joy to work with Lisa, and I highly recommend her as someone to partner with in any business endeavor!” - Tamara R.
“I really enjoyed working with Lisa to help guide me in the process of changing careers. Lisa's positive energy and honest communication style made her easy to work with throughout the journey of career transition.” - Jessica Z.
The views, thoughts, advice and opinions expressed, and services provided, by practitioners, coaches, consultants and other individual service providers on The Wellspring website belong solely to the practitioners, coaches, consultants and individual service providers and are not formally or legally endorsed by The Wellspring, LLC.